Blood Puppet submitted this photo with the comment: “This is an entire goth band in a tree circa 1993. Sure, the keyboardist is smiling but the bassist is in considerable pain taking almost her entire body weight on her sensitive stomach across the arching trunk.”
The best thing about this photo is the curly haired guy up the tree because I KNOW HIM. In fact, I used to co-manage a goth club with him back in the early 2000s and here’s the tragic proof from 2003 (don’t bother asking what I’m wearing - I’d come straight from work for the photo). This band is called Blood Puppet and I can attest to their gothness because I have been lectured about it for years in the “oh you should have been around in the good old days” kind of way. I don’t know the submitter, though, so I doubt she knows that I know the curly up-tree.
I’m pretty upset with my mate up the tree because I have never seen him smile like that. Ever. At least the rest of them aren’t smiling. It’s daylight and there’s at least two up the tree at a reasonable height.
4 out of 5 - Cronyism is alive and well in Goths Up Trees land.
- lateral-thought likes this
- bleakoptimism likes this
- kysrgrim likes this
- jellibat likes this
- foolish-arachni likes this
- mitchisforlovers likes this
- fallingagainstskies reblogged this from gothsuptrees
- phillippizzaballs reblogged this from gothsuptrees and added:
- onyxabove likes this
- ultragal reblogged this from gothsuptrees
- craabus reblogged this from gothsuptrees
- monday likes this
- Blood Puppet submitted this to gothsuptrees