windupfaerie submitted this photo with the comment “My friend told me I should submit this. =)”
Your friend was right! I like a photo of a goth hanging up a tree, especially if they’re trying to hold their skirt up for fear of excessive arse-exposure (arseposure!). She has rather fetching tights on so she shouldn’t really worry about excessive arseposure and it’s not like we can identify her face properly due to the angle, so I say let your arse be free and be done with it.
This goth does look to be smiling in an ‘omg are you taking a photo of my bum?’ type way, so I’ll forgive that. She’s a reasonable height up the tree. It’s daylight but she’s in the shade. Bonus points for fetching tights.
4.8 out of 5 - Modesty is overrated
Nancy Henao submitted this photo with the comment “Goth falling out of a tree? either way, I like it :)”
Hooray! An action shot! I don’t know exactly what’s going on here; all I know is that there’s a goth, there’s a tree, the goth is holding on to the tree and she’s in mid air. Is she swinging out from the tree? Is she jumping off? Is she a magical goth tree faery who is just hanging on to the tree after a big night on the absinthe to avoid the dreaded head spins? We will never know. Unless, of course, she writes in and tells us.
I like the juxtaposition of the practical tree climbing/jumping footwear and arm warmers with the entirely impractical tutu. The backdrop is beautifully verdant (yep, I’m using big words today). She’s definitely not smiling and she’s quite high up the tree. It does appear to be daylight but she’s in a dense foresty position. Bonus points for the action shot.
4.8 out of 5 - Floating goths in tutus and Cons, coming to a tree near you.
Everev submitted this photo with the comment “Caught this yesterday at the 84th annual Zilker Park Kite Festival in Austin, TX. Not exactly posing, but I thought of you immediately.”
Fantastic shot, friend, thanks for thinking of me. Here we have proof that goths can be helpful, kite rescuing members of the community. OK, I’m not going to pretend that all of us are like this; some of us are grumpy misanthropes. This goth may be a grumpy misanthrope for 80% of the time and the other 20% of the time is a happy go lucky kinda goth who climbs trees to rescue pugs and kites.
He is definitely smiling (or is that squinting because of sun in his eyes), it’s day time but he has eye protection on. He is bloody high up the tree. Bonus points for the action shot and the fact that he is risking his life for a kite.
4.8 out of 5 - Adding shards of glass to kite strings (a la the Kite Runner) makes kite flying heaps more goth.
Emily submitted this photo with the comment “An adventure in Cyber-Land. My good friend decided it was time to go up a tree.”
Good work cyber-comrades. The time has come, the time is now, to get up a tree and, um, wear a surgical mask and a head full of crin! I’m so glad this one was taken at night because wearing crin during the day makes me cringe (haha, get it! I need to smack myself in the head.) She’s quite high, especially considering those wooden platforms she’s sporting. Who knows if she’s smiling! Now I know what those surgeon’s masks are good for: concealing happiness, as well as limiting your talking/drinking/smoking/spreading meningococcal ability. Fantastic.
4.8 out of 5 - Cyber surgery up trees